Ukraine
Rep
Drives: 2013 128i LMB 6MT ZMP Slicktop

Garage List
2013 128i  [9.58]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soterios View Post
I'll bite on your bite.

I agree with him in the sense of dollar to improvement ratio might be "error" because you can't divide by zero. I'd be pretty shocked if it made any difference. The stock intake can probably provide more air than the motor will ever ask for (stock). You asked him for his details. I'd ask for the same fom you. Did you dyno before and after? Did anyone? My biggest beef with this forum so far is their trust in tuners and parts manufacturers. No one actually logs/dynos their stuff. There are dozens of "400hp" cars on here and like three dyno sheets.

That said, I'm with you on being ok with small improvements. They do add up, and they add up faster when combined. It's your money, obviously, so go nuts. The intake also looks cool, which I'm good with. Haha

THAT said, god damn your car is beautiful and your build thread is awesome. Keep it up.
Thank you.

I made no claims as to the performance of the PI, BMW did, and I have no reason to doubt their numbers or claims. They're not claiming 12+HP and 16+TQ like A*E.

I'd also like to point out that "volume" of air is not the same as "flow". The 3-stage manifold is a great example of this. Any one of the 3 runner configurations can provide more than enough air volume, but it's how that air is delivered, the response to changes in velocity, etc.

My air flow "expertise", such as it is, is limited to the cooling of various high voltage, high power electrical chassis up to about 54 cubic feet in volume, sometimes using Autodesk CFD or ANSYS, and is totally inapplicable to automotive design.

THAT said, I bought the PI because it's pretty.

Last edited by Suprgnat; 05-30-2019 at 01:37 PM..
Appreciate 1
gjm1202183.00