05-30-2019, 03:15 PM   #10
Soterios
BXR
Rep
Drives: 2012 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suprgnat View Post
Thank you.

I made no claims as to the performance of the PI, BMW did, and I have no reason to doubt their numbers or claims. They're not claiming 12+HP and 16+TQ like A*E.

I'd also like to point out that "volume" of air is not the same as "flow". The 3-stage manifold is a great example of this. Any one of the 3 runner configurations can provide more than enough air volume, but it's how that air is delivered, the response to changes in velocity, etc.

My air flow "expertise", such as it is, is limited to the cooling of various high voltage, high power electrical chassis up to about 54 cubic feet in volume, sometimes using Autodesk CFD or ANSYS, and is totally inapplicable to automotive design.

THAT said, I bought the PI because it's pretty.
Yeah. I don't doubt that it's better than the stock one, I would just be concered as to how much. Either way. It's not like you're out there claiming to be running a half second faster in the eighth because of it. Haha.

Electrical transformer/breaker/motor cooling? Now you're speaking my language. I'm an engineer in the power industry. Haha.