07-18-2016, 06:17 PM   #5
1and1
Loves me some MHD!
United_States
Rep
Drives: faster than he should...

Garage List
'09 135i  [10.00]
Still learning these animals, but I had thought the n55 was also a candidate for the intake valve issues? The core DI design is still the same, just changing the VANOS for Valvetronic or whatever that eliminated the throttle body? If I'm way off on theory or terminology here I'll edit this paragraph to either remove it or make it more accurate and keep this thread on target.

Should injectors be mentioned here? I believe current rev is 12, and that they are available via rockauto, amazingly enough, as actual OEM parts for dirt cheap and distinctly easier to replace as a DIY than other DI engines out there- Speed6 injectors as an example

BMWhat (used to be Carly) has a used car check that can be run to get details on service history & mileage- compares data to be sure data points are listing expected values.

Suggest using a VIN decoder like bimmer.what to double check what's actually on/in the car.

Look for oil around the oil filter housing re: OFHG wear- I was looking at pics earlier today if needed for this thread

There's more, but it's dinner time......
X1 - E84.N20 2013 MGM - JB4 - The Wife's, now with new turbo & ewg

Last edited by 1and1; 07-19-2016 at 03:35 PM..
Appreciate 1