aka 1013MM
Hong Kong
Rep
Drives: pokingly flush

Garage List
2009 135i  [8.26]
Quote:
Originally Posted by BimmerEngineer View Post
Im just going to buy a new 2011 3 series so I can get the REAL ARTICLE LED coronas from the factory... This LS3 conversion is still not day light bright like the factory units... Plus I've wasted hundereds of dollars on garbage LEDS from almost every vender that does not produce hardly any light in day light... The one thing I tried that worked but was far to bright was HID coronas... The other problem with the factory rings is when the headlights are turned on, the rings automatically dim...

So the dimming would have to some how be cancelled... Or, some one can get a set of 2011 3 series Adaptive HID light units and remove those rings and modify to make them work in the 1 er.... Also, an H9 bulb will fit with a little trim to the plastic tabs and a H9 is 15% brighter> (65W) vs the H11's... I tried H11's in a 55W and they looked whiter than OEM (and were day light visible), but not the HID blue of the new 3 series... I'll try an H9 before I consider these but they look to aftermarket and not all that bright with this car in a little shade in the photos thery're not that bright....
you need to see these in person then I would trust someone who has seen them in person rather than someone online who hasn't actually seen them in person.

Keep in mind these are NOT just the bulbs. This is the actual rings that get changed.