First Lieutenant
Ukraine
Rep
Drives: 07 e90 335i

Garage List
2000 996 C4  [0.00]
2007 335i  [0.00]
2001 B5 S4 Avant  [0.00]
Wow some fantastic transformations here. Some great Ideas that I am Totes stealing
I'll start detailing our current house and post some stuff from our old one.
So in 2014 we bought our Ellicott City, MD house and moved from Frederick MD where we ended up keeping the house and renting it out for 3 years because we bought it in 06 and wanted to get some money back from it
Here is the video of the Frederick house before it was sold last year, we did a bunch of work on it and best of all converted the car port to a 900sq foot garage:

Anyway onto the new house. Wanted something closer to in-laws and with better schools and walking paths. The garage is smaller though
Its from 1987, it has not changed much from 1987 but the floor plan was very good, location is fantastic and I would not have to tear any walls out so that was a bonus. So we get to make it what we want and not pay for someone elses idea of perfect house.
From the day we bought it:
Front

Back (yes that is a two story deck inclosure)

So the house had mostly hardwood floors (stained dark and looking a bit beat up) but the living and bedrooms were old dirty carpet so as soon as we closed we went over with my wife, ripped out all the carpet and had new hardwood put in and then the whole house sanded down and re stained/sealed.
Before:

During:

After:

Then came the master closet, since we had to rip everything out to do the floors AND EVERYTHING was painted with latex paint. Had to strip all the nasty paint off, patch all the huge holed and do a nicer base molding. The molding is smaller and thinner then what its going to be in the while house because I wanted as much space for shelves as I could get.
Before/During:

Afterish
New trim

Shelves in:

Its a Closet you get it
Next we moved on to the original roof and replaced with with 50 year shingles and new skylights.

You get it its a roof
Then the garage need love, always wanted sealed floors as I do all my own work. Wife likes Gulf colors, so it sorta looks like that. Cabinets are from inlaws old kitchen. Will paint cabinets at some point.

Interior stuff continued in next post

Last edited by MicaCeli; 03-12-2018 at 12:05 PM..
Appreciate 2
shay2nak1070.00