View Single Post
      08-20-2017, 09:28 PM   #16
chris_flies
Sideways and Smiling
Rep
Drives: In Exuberance

Garage List
I'm in the process of turning my fog lights (base 128i bumper) into brake duct inlets. I bought a spare light to mess with and destroy. All it took was some 3" brake duct which is easy to find (you can also use SCET(?) tubing from an airplane), a 3" hole saw, and a section of 3" thin-walled PVC pipe. Remove the fog light cover, and the reflector. Drill out the foglight housing where the bulb goes in. Epoxy the pipe section to the housing, then fit the hosing around the pipe, and use a hose clamp to secure it to the pipe. I haven't worked out routing into the wheel well, but I'll get back to you all when I finish. I'll probably remove the backing plate (I snapped it off of one of the bolts when I did the front pads) and route the hose through the inside of the wheel well...