View Single Post
      03-27-2012, 02:39 AM   #42
DooBs
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 1 Series M Coupe 697/740

Wow what an experience. That was an absolute blast.

First a shout out to Trakk Tape! I shot an email the week of, and received the package of 3"x100 and 6"x100 in two days. This product as many have already stated and heard is absolutely amazing and performs as stated. While taping the car, I questioned if it would actually be necessary, and on the first lap I could hear little pebbles and bugs bouncing of the car. This continued for the rest of the day, and I heard from many that the tape was a great idea. I put it on Thursday night, kept it on until Friday night. The wind did peel a bit at the edges, but there was no more than an inch of tape flapping anywhere. I found that putting the tape on without bubbles is almost an impossibility. I really didn't care too much about appearance and simply performance so I just threw it on there and it did a great job. Covered part hood, front bumper, front of fenders, right after front wheels and front of rear fenders. Peeled them all off Friday night and even though the sound made me worry about the paint, it came off and revealed beautiful untouched, unmarked, residueless paint. There was a distinct line however where the car was covered in dust and where the tape had been haha.

Track day what an event. Big Willow what a place. I began with full traction on,... my goodness what understeer haha. Pushed that MDM, amazing and such a transformation. The day began with point by after point by, at the end of the day I was proudly passing a Ferrari California, Porsche Boxster Spyder, R35 GTR, and many more. I was neither the quickest or the slowest, but I could have been the happiest.

Before the last session I checked my tire pressure (which I forgot to do earlier) and found it was far too high. Maybe it had to do with this or it didn't, but that session I happily dropped about 2-3 seconds off my time.

I attended this track day with a few friends, but for a close friend and I, it was our first event, and now MOST DEFINITELY not our last. I can't wait to go again, we all had such a great time and luckily drove home in one piece.

Wow, I've seriously been missing out, but more than excited to have finally joined the party.
Thanks everyone for the advice, it really helped out there

Heres a few pictures of the event, a couple buddies I went with (white GTR, red s2k, white 335 sedan, black 335i coupe), funny how you meet everyone from the event again at the nearest gas station afterwards
Attached Images

L1MTD

Last edited by DooBs; 03-27-2012 at 01:25 PM..
Appreciate 0