03-07-2023, 09:56 AM   #4
balkanbemve
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Expert@ApexRaceParts View Post
Agree with all the points above, I've not yet encountered an issue with our spacers that causes vibrations as long as the correct extended hardware and torquing process is used. What width of spacers are you running and what wheels are being used? Certain widths like 12mm have a built-in chamfer that we use to support the hubcentric ring. if you're running a wheel that has zero allowance for the chamfer, that can cause an issue with vibrations but nearly all wheels account for this to some degree. All of our wheels certainly do.

-Tom
I have the APEX Arc8 staggered setup 9.5 rear 8.5 front with the recommended offset for the 135i. Tire sizes are 225 up front and 255 rear. I had all the wheels re-balanced with road force. It fixed the problem significantly but shifted the vibration range to 55mph-65mph. Shaking now is like a 2/10 so a lot less but still there. I have a 3mm in front and 5mm in back. Removed the front spacers and it got better ever so slightly. New 4 pieces control arms installed up front as well. Everything torqued to spec, hubs cleaned. I have run out of ideas. It’s bearable but I like things to be like when I had my stock wheels. Maybe I’ll take the fronts back to americas tire for a 3rd rebalance. Not sure what it could be.
Appreciate 0