Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 440iGC F36

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1and1 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by crowtrobot View Post
Got around to fixing up a nasty rock chip in my windscreen from my last track day. Used the regular Permatex kit from Advance Auto, pretty impressed with the results!

I have a tiny crack, half moon shape, only about 0.25 inch square, that I want to do this to. Can only see it if you look at it square on/directly. I wouldn't care about it except it's, of course, directly in my line of sight so it's always there if I focus on the windshield instead of ahead of me...

I just worry about the resin turning yellow or otherwise aging poorly and making the problem worse...
I got safelite to fill a chip I got in my windshield the same week I bought the car. It made the chip 75% less visible and it won't spread. It cost a lot for what it is. At the time I only had a $250 comprehensive deductible so I ate the $130 fill cost. It's still perfectly clear resin. Hasn't changed state since Dec 2016.

Keep in mind: I got it done the next day since if you let it sit, it can get dirt in it. So your results may not be as good as mine if it's been there that long.