View Single Post
      03-09-2013, 08:38 AM   #9
flinchy
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: E82 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by simianspeedster View Post
After lots of research, I ordered my next car this week. Thanks to everyone who chipped in with advice along the way. Here are the specs:
  • 2013 128i Coupe (duh)
  • Manual Transmission (!!!)
  • Vermilion Red Metallic
  • Taupe Leather (I know it will take some effort to keep clean, but I sat in a Taupe 128i on two occasions and it just felt right)
  • Anthracite Wood Trim
  • Premium Package
  • Lighting Package
  • Technology Package
  • Alarm System
  • Sport Seats
  • Heated Seats
  • Park Distance Control
  • Harman Kardon Stereo
so many options!!!!

just curious as to why you didn't wait for F22? or go a slightly less optioned 135i?

Quote:
Once it arrives, I'll swap out the stock suspension, wheels and tires. I'm almost certainly going with the BMW Performance Suspension, and I'm definitely going with Apex Aero 7 wheels (18x8 all around) with Michelin Pilot Super Sport tires (225/40-18 all around).
much better options than BMWP suspension for the price (i had it, it's pretty terrible actually), unless you really REALLY want suspension factory warranty >_> - 8.5" will fit all around and 9.5" in the rear even.

235's will easily fit up front, and 245's if you try... 225 is stock for 135i's even, 8.5's with 245 all around would be the best possible for predictable performance.

you'll find 225's understeer with the lack of front grip, 235's are minimum, 245's would be GREAT.

Quote:
I'm incredibly excited about this car because it represents the blend of all the things I like most about a traditional BMW (relatively light weight, naturally aspirated I-6, manual transmission, hydraulic steering, etc.) along with some fun new features. It'll kind of be my new old school car!

Now I just have to be patient...
you'll love it i'm sure!.. well except maybe for not being able to make it any (noticably) more powerful, oh well!
Appreciate 0