View Single Post
      02-27-2013, 08:50 AM   #11
SpencerMH
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 1M, M6 GC, 718GT4, F355GTS6

I'm on h&r springs and run 265/35 pss up front and 295/30 dunlops in the back on stock wheels. I get a rub maybe once a week in the back when on a freeway with construction and hit a joint in the road, just a brush on the liner but I would say that it doesn't rub at all in the back really. The front I get the same brush on rough freeway joints where construction is happening and they haven't smoothed them out yet, it is slightly more pronounced in the front due to the larger diameter tire and I do get a bit of rubbing in parking lots from the front, it is primarily when reversing and in this setting it is exactly where the updated liners dip towards the radiator/oil cooler so I hope these will completely alleviate it, I plan to request them at my next oil change, in the meantime it's totally live able as I just avoid full lock reverse and have no issues. When I let someone else drive that doesn't know when it will start rubbing it is pronounced in parking lot maneuvers.

My rubbing is caused by the larger diameter tire up front, I think it's a .5 increase over stock, so compare outside diameter and if you're very close to stock, closer than I by about .25 I think you'd be perfect with the new wheel liners as they will mitigate some of the potential to rub, and especially the potential to rub due to tire width vs diameter that I experience, 275 will stick out quite a bit though and may vastly accelerate rock chipping of the rear arches, I have been watching for this with the 265s up front.
Hope that helps.