12-13-2010, 01:15 AM   #90
aajami
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Space Gray '09 E92 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCOTT26 View Post
No I meant that this car is a test to what is capable at a very short period.
The next car (2014) will inherit the same philosophy but will be more widespread in development and ideas that could not be accomodated.

If you do not get this car then you will regret it and everytime you see one either alongside , changing lanes or on the opposite side of the street.
It will eat you up inside.

You have been warned....
Scott, surely you've relayed many enthusiasts' discontent with BMW's decision to abandon naturally aspirated engines, and specifically, the visceral bond that such motors form with their drivers to your higher ups. Perfecting this connection is arguably what made BMW famous among its most diehard base over the last 25-30 years. I understand that a company must always grow its business by going after a broader base of customer. I also understand that as a consequence, such a company can't continue to target the small, enthusiast core that brought it success so many years ago. And I get that a few hundred (tops) angry, mostly anonymous users on some forum can have no hope of swaying a multinational corporation with annual revenue in the billions of dollars. That all said what do the people at BMW really feel about this seachange? And I'm not looking for the corporate line here -- tell us honestly what the old timers and the new blood at the company feel about adopting a broader strategy that will alienate its core base. You have no problem giving away the company's product roadmap months and months before the press find out, so surely you pull some weight over there and would be will within your purview to speak candidly about this topic.
Mods: M Performance exhaust | ZCP retrofit | Euro airbox | GTS DCT flash | JPN 240 ECU flash | Euro LCI taillights | CRT lip | OEM alarm retrofit | Space Gray bumper plugs | BMW Performance: Mk. II spoiler / Mk. II non-electronic steering wheel / mirror caps / front grilles / side gills / intake louvers / emblem
Appreciate 0