05-12-2009, 10:52 AM   #67
jeremyc74
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: '08 135i Montego/Terra

Quote:
Originally Posted by akak1997 View Post
It's ready! This is the link to order...
http://www.vorshlag.com/product_info...roducts_id=358

Thanks!

I'm going to pick one up I think.

The write up on their site is great!

Quote:
This is the Mason Engineering bar that you've heard so much about. A chassis brace made by a race car engineer for race car drivers, not a blinged-out offering made for the "show car scene". It is the finest, strongest strut brace on the market for this chassis, bar none.

Vorshlag stocks this brace for the E82 BMW 1 series. We at Vorshlag worked with Mason Engineering to develop this brace, as the factory brace for these cars was terrible and covered the top of the strut tower - making top adjustable shocks impossible to access.

This model is designed to fit the front of all E82 chassis BMW 1 series cars imported into North America including the 128i and 135i. This 1-piece strut brace design is superior to any "hinged" strut brace model made - sport one of these and you can laugh at those junky import faux-braces. TIG welded on a precision jig, this dual tubular brace has cold-formed and lightened cross bracing, exceptional welds, and is very light weight.

Unlike some strut bars made of a combination of magnesium, carbon fiber, titanium and 24 karat bling, bolted and hinged and glued together, this 1-piece brace is made of welded steel or aluminum alloy tubing (please pick that form the Options drop down below. ). Aluminum has a better bending modulus-to-weight ratio than steel and is lighter weight for the same stiffness. There is also a pair of an optional diagonal firewall braces that mount to this brace. These can replace the factory "strap steel" diagonal braces, for a better overall design, or you can re-use the factory diagonal braces with this Mason brace (note: re-using the factory strap braces will again cover up the top of the strut tower opening).

As with all Mason products this aluminum brace puts function over flash, but the high quality purpose-built fabrication is appealing to racers and wanna-bes alike. You can't fake a good TIG welded fabrication like this! The raw aluminum finish option is naturally corrosion resistant and the steel version comes with a durable gloss black powder coating added here at Vorshlag. This part is proudly made in the USA.
Appreciate 0