04-22-2018, 10:37 PM   #9
us_gh
Rep
Drives: 2017 Volt, 135i Vert next week

Quote:
Originally Posted by Esteban View Post
So how'd it go?
Super late reply...

but iirc that car didn't work out because of a leak. I tried a private sale on the forum but it fell through this weekend after PenFed spent a month to explain they couldn't finance a private sale for me.

I think I'm going to have to move on from the 1 series. It's really grown on me over this search, and something about what it is really appeals to me. Something I still can't put my finger on, that no Fxx car does.

But the fact is they *are* older cars, and the ones in dealers are apparently never as clean as they seem (half the dealers seem to think because it has a BMW badge it's ok to leak oil...), and I can't get financing for a private sales.

I think I might "suck it up" and start looking at the 2 series. Most of the ones I see online look like single owner trade-ins at reputable dealers as opposed to the 135s which were all at "sketchy" places willing to sell cars with bald tires and leaking oil like it was nothing.

I'm going to test drive a 228i tomorrow. The weird thing is for some reason convertible 228i and M235i prices don't seem to differ by much at all around here. I found a 2015 M235i for the same price as a 2016 228i with similar mileage. 2015 228i are only about 3 or 4k cheaper...
Appreciate 0