ozinaldo
Brigadier General
Portugal
Rep
Drives: 1M

Quote:
Originally Posted by pkim1079 View Post
No diff issues like m3?
Yeah, Dackelone brought the same question up in a separate thread in the chassis sub forum and I just replied (just summarizing) "never heard of...doesn't mean it didn't happen or won't happen though".

I assume you are also asking the broken differential bolts issue and not regular differential noises.

If it really is a production related defect at least on some cars I would expect this to appear sooner or later with some 1Ms too. Vice versa doesn't make sense...of course unless for some reason BMW used different bolts in 1Ms which is probably not even possible and as a whole the differential and all its components are interchangeable between the two cars.

Let's wait and see. In the mean time I will be checking my differential soon
BMW 1M-SOLD-: TECH: Evolve Race+N55mids, Evolve IC, Michelin PSS, ER cp, aFe filter, CDVx, Vorshlag camber plates, BMS OCC EXTERIOR: trunk spoiler, blacklines, black grills, IND goodies INTERIOR: Alcantara steering wheel, steel pedals, custom mats, MPower e-brake.
Appreciate 0