View Single Post
      01-24-2022, 08:11 AM   #1
SKJSS
Rep
Drives: 2011 128i 6spd coupe

Parasitic draw? Battery issue? Other?

Hey all! First post, so be kind (ish???) to the new guy. I've got an '11 128i coupe. I brought the car to the shop last week to have them patch a tire. They didn't do any other work to the car. The car was at the shop overnight and they patched the tire first thing in the morning. When I picked up the car around 5pm, the battery was totally dead. Press the key and nothing at all happened. We jump started it and I drove home. I made sure the car was running for a good 40 minutes or so before shutting it off. Next morning...battery dead again. I pulled it out and took it to Autozone. They tested it and said it was bad. Bought a new battery and put it in. Next morning, brand new battery is dead. Charged it and ran the car for an hour. This time I went back out an hour later to see if it would start. It did, just fine. That was yesterday. This morning...dead again.

New to the BMW world, only had this car a few months, and I love it. In doing some reading, I've read about having to register the battery. Mine has not been registered yet. Could that cause my issue? The battery I put in was the "best" Duralast battery available. When I drive the car and press the button to shut the engine off, the radio and nav screen are still active, even after I get out of the car. I think it's only active for a few minutes, but not 100% sure. It's been like that since I got the car and I never had a battery issue. Thoughts?
Appreciate 0