12-11-2010, 03:00 PM   #463
devo
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: Bimmers & Porsches

Quote:
Originally Posted by techthentic View Post
Why do people KEEP saying they'd rather slap on every available performance part on their 135i. I get that makes you feel better about yourself, but come on!
What is it about the monumental difference that a wider track, lsd, vastly superior suspension components and vastly superior brakes has on a car that people don't understand?!
You'd have to dish out HUGE amounts of cash to get the handling of the 135i anywhere close to the 1M!
Exactly! You can slap whatever part you want onto the 135 and it won't be a 1M. The same applies to the 335 vs M3 as we all know. Funny how many M3 owners defended this position against the 335 now take the opposite position when posting about the 1M, i.e. it's not a M because it doesn't have a high rpm NA engine, transplanted engine, blah, blah blah... Oh, the best is no carbon roof = epic fail. The only thing epic is the idiocy of some of these posts. Like saving 10+ lbs. from the roof is going to make driver "X" so much faster.

Great car considering its price point, great car price point aside.

Oh, oh, oh, I love the posts about rear valance design flaws. Yeah... like the M3 rear valance has excellent porportions; maybe to the vision challenged.
Appreciate 0