09-07-2011, 09:08 PM   #1067
cozza
///Mthusiast
Australia
Rep
Drives: M135i (March delivery)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ippykaye View Post
It's a nice car mate, hang in there- you'll need to find an enthusiast who appreciates 6MT and your mods and options. Joe Blow out there who doesn't care for iDrive, xenons etc won't care and think it's overpriced.

I agree with Redbook being inaccurate. It took me 6 months to sell my Audi TT and I missed out on a whole pile of good cars (eg. Sparoz's 135) because I needed the money from the sale to buy (and as many know, I'm still 135i hunting). No one cared for my options like xenons etc. I sold it for much less than Redbook quoted for.

In contrast, I sold my Golf GTI in less than 24 hours for more than a similarly aged GTI was selling on Carsales. It was bought by someone who wanted all my options (It was loaded with everything) and willing to pay the premium for it.

As an aside, some ppl may be put off by the minor prang you had with the taxi and the posts related to that. Unfortunately, there's nothing you can do about it. I know it was professionally repaired but some people don't like accident damaged cars.

Buyer's market I'm afraid- good luck with your sale! If yours was a 135, I'd buy it!
Yeah, fair call about the prang, although there was absolutely no mechanical damage and the cosmetic damage was pretty minor - I pushed my repairer to quote for a new bonnet and bar basically so it'd look like new - a few stone chips over the years were rid of immediately!

I just contacted Redbook and they're going to write me a customised certificate after I complained that the listing on the site isn't representative of a fully modded M Sports version, even though the photos they use demonstrate this. Pretty misleading for buyers and sellers alike. Hopefully they give me a decent evaluation!