View Single Post
      02-14-2019, 08:05 PM   #5
Soterios
BXR
Rep
Drives: 2012 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///BYU View Post
Thanks, Soterios. What do you think about the buyers in between "car enthusiasts" and "blue Honda" people? I'm in total agreement there are a lot of uninformed and uninvolved car buyers out there. What about non-enthusiasts who are knowledgable and informed car buyers? They're not really into cars in general, but they're into their car - especially during the purchase cycle - making sure they buy something that fits their lifestyle. Everything I've researched tells me this is a sizable percentage of the buying public. They do their research, they know exactly what they want and what a fair price is. If you had to guess, how sizable, percentage-wise, do you think that segment is? And do you think they find the current shopping options at least somewhat frustrating?
I don't disagree entirely with your statement about research, but I think it's just very generic for that segment (the sizable one)

I think what they research heavily is the brand, model, and year. Trim packages and options I think are a very distant checkbox.

As far as frustration, I assume it might be... well there. Lots of new car search sites have popped up in recent years, so there must be demand not being met.