03-16-2019, 07:29 AM   #8
juld0zer
Lieutenant Colonel
Australia
Rep
Drives: Prev 135i 7DCT, Now 130i 6sp

Quote:
Originally Posted by SayHack View Post
Regarding wheel balance, here is what happened. After the suspension was done, the vibration decreased a little so i took it to have my front wheels balanced (this is with the old tires with about 40-50 % thread but they were budget tires)....this did not solve anything. SO i got new set of tires at a different place, naturally they balanced all 4 tires followed by alignment....So i am not sure if it is a balance issue.

Breaking makes no difference , so i don't think it is anything brake system related.

The suspension was tightened under a load (i had a jack stand under the hub, lifted to "normal hight", then everything was tightened (The issue that I have is that I didn't use a torque wrench for some bolts due to clearance issues but I don't think they are much off)

My rears are wider, so they won't fit in the front. But i have a family member with a f30, Ill swap their front tires to mine and see how it goes.

the vibration is only felt in the steering wheel

The hubs were "gently cleaned" , maybe that was my mistake ??? Also i placed an order of wheel hub central rings yesterday, maybe that might help ???

Also, the tires were mounted by a impact wrench , I did take the wheel off and torque them back to 85 ft lb

Thank you so much for all the tips. I ll report back if a wheel swap solves the issue.
What wheels are they? If the centre bore is larger than the hub then that might well be your issue!
Appreciate 0