View Single Post
      06-18-2013, 11:14 AM   #364
KittyBooBoo
Private
Rep
Drives: 2014 X1 sDrive 28i

Quote:
Originally Posted by gregthegr8 View Post
It's grown on me and I think it's the right level of darkness. Only looks real dark at certain angles. I had 35% on my last car and thought it was the perfect level and if they made the higher grade ceramic tint I got in a 35, I'd have gotten that. I know if I got the 40, I'd be kicking myself.

Also, sometimes a 35% of one film may not be the same as a 35% of another, so really hard to tell.

Lucky for you, I've got the specs in front of me so if you are able to find the specs of your film, might help:

My old 35% let in 38% of the light
My new 30% lets in 32%, so is a little darker.
The 40% on mine would have let in 43% and would have been too light for me.

Anyways, you can always have it re-done if you want to go darker, just be careful, cause you don't want to regret then going TOO dark!

So you went 20% on the sunroof and 35 all around? or you wish you had gone darker on the sunroof as well? The good news is, you can always have it removed and redone. I have to have my back window redone cause I have a small fold/crease in it. So, I'll be driving back down to Costa Mesa to have that redone.

I also think you wanted an excuse to post here so this thread never dies.
I have a little issue, maybe you can help with:

Service Appt#1: Get 35% tint installed. Loaner Car
Service Appt #2: (month later) change out back windows tint to 25%.Loaner
Service Appt #3: See bubbles in new tint. Return to replace tint. Loaner
Go to pick up my car and even take the loaner home overnight from appt #3 so that they can check every inch of the tint to make sure it's all good and I pick up the car and see a piece of lint stuck in my trunk window. WTF!!!

Now they are offering a free detail job and will replace tint on back but I already washed and detailed my car very recently. I am thinking about how else they can please me since I have to get yet another loaner (it will be my fourth in little over a month), and go back to BMW. This is crazy. What else should I ask for? Maybe I can get it detailed in the future?
Appreciate 0