View Single Post
      06-20-2013, 02:23 AM   #370
KittyBooBoo
Private
Rep
Drives: 2014 X1 sDrive 28i

Quote:
Originally Posted by gregthegr8 View Post
Ya, probably a bad sign when they all know you by name there.

At some point you may just get fed up and take to your own place. I wouldn't want them to just take my car and put on a tint without me thoroughly checking the tint, wanting to know which film it is, the percentage darkness, etc. and probably watching, too.

You need to get an X3 or X5 maybe as your next loaner, or maybe a 1-series to round out your set of loaners.

Where you at in terms of the darkness though? Happier? Same?

My car is excellent, finally had the Sirius activated cause the people at BMW are douchebags who don't tell you that if you don't get the premium package, while your car is equipped with the antenna and everything to get Sirius, it's hidden on the menu unless you pay them $500-600. Got a couple other lil coding things done as well (enable digital speedometer, remove idrive disclaimer/warning, and enable playing DVDs while driving), and splurged today and ordered some fancy custom floormats for $200.

So, she'll be complete soon and just hit 700 miles yesterday. Probably puts me at the lowest, huh? 110 of those miles sadly were to/from tint place the day after I got it.
700? Wow.. I am already over 2000 sadly. You are right... I should check out an X5 loaner. They are using 3M tint and I have my two front windows at 35% and back window and rear window at 25%. I must admit, it is dark looking out of my rear view mirror + my sunglasses + tint. I am still not used to to it but I am glad I went darker. I immediately felt that my car is alot cooler and the back seat looks like a cave. I wish I could sit back there. The 35% is good but I still felt very open, especially with the sunroof open.

Cool thing about the hidden menu!

I am very picky when it comes to this stuff with the car but honestly, I am not minding trying out all of these loaners.
Appreciate 0