09-16-2016, 12:05 PM   #47
PA135i
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 08 135i 08 CR-V

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crosboro View Post
I haven't had many problems, but the ones I did were very expensive to fix. Biggest was the A/C system--had to replace the evaporator, which it seems to happen to many of these. That was just over $2k. Plus, had to have the window regulator on both the passenger and driver sides replaced--$500 each. According to the dealer, this happens when you don't put the windows down and up on a regular basis--they need to do that for lubrication purposes.
The good thing is I bought it 3 years ago (it's a 2008 135i) for only $20k with only 28k miles on it.
I have an '08 and have the same evaporator issue. Summer of 2015 AC worked but was weak. This March had my indy shop recharge the system and put in a dye. My AC is still working fine 6 months later.

The $2K comes from having to remove the dash. a 12 hour labor job. The evap is $90 I'm told.
My indy mechanics told me that if it holds pressure just get recharged once a year for $80.

I feel your pain.. this car is very expensive to repair. (get ready for the wastegate rattle and new turbos at some point. And WP... the water pump will go between 60K - 80K)
Sparkling Graphite Metallic / 6MT / Terracotta Boston Leather / Sport Package / Comfort Access system / Gray Poplar wood trim / Heated front seats / iPod and USB adapter / HD radio / Premium hi-fi system / OE Tuning / VRSF Intercooler & charge pipe / BMW Performance short shift kit / BMW M Performance Handbrake Handle / BMW Stainless steel pedals / V1 hardwired / rear sun shades Pennsylvania 20 electoral votes
Appreciate 0