View Single Post
      04-21-2006, 05:11 AM   #1
peterpeterhaha
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: SG 330i sport/navi

!!! accident!! anyone know what might be broken?

I was coming home tonight and the roads were extremely slippery (i know sounds bad already) and I am almost home when I turned at my street but then I started slipping like crazy. I tried to countersteer but my car just went straight sideways.

Then there was the median. It was at a corner so the median was a thinner in width (but not any lower) than the middle of the median. I went sideways but then I started going forwards again because I had turned the wheel to countersteer i think. I went straight over the median at around 20+ speeds(hopefully no faster than 35) and my car pretty much jumped it. Hit front wheels, then the rear and then I was over it.

I checked around the car and saw no cosmetic damage but it was dark. The wheels seemed okay too and same with the brakes. I had to get home and I was in the middle of nowhere so I reluctantly took my car about a mile to my apartment.

What I found wrong was the steering wheel was way off center but thats about it. I didnt want to push anything so I didnt but the engine did seem weird and so did the handling and brakes. I dont know what happened physically to the car. I am pretty sure something must have gotten damaged but cannot figure it out.

Should I take my car to the dealership in the morning to see whats wrong? Could I really have gotten through it w/o any damage and just need the steering fixed? What could have broken? Cost of repair?

Sorry for such lack of information. It is too dark outside to see anything and I didn't feel anything drastic as I was driving home. I don't really know what I am expecting from this post but I am just freaked out
Appreciate 0