Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 135i/1M Conversion, MK7 GTI

Quote:
Originally Posted by nottoofast View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by acoustix View Post
Thanks man!! There's many ways to do them. I tried different methods on four lights. This is by far the easiest and most convenient way I found to do it!
Hey acoustix,

I'm new around these parts and want to first thank you for this write up as it gave me a massive head start on opening my headlights. Unfortunately I have hit a snag regarding how to mount the vision set up with the pre lci e82 xenon headlights. I did notice you have the halogen but was hoping you had so.e pictures or advice. I clearly didn't spend enough time researching this topic as it seems like the vision rings aren't a great match with the insides of the e82 lights in comparison to other tutorials. Honestly, I saw the pretty picture of the grey 1 series with the retrofit and said "if they can do it, so can i". I'm very handy around a construction site and somewhat crafty but I'm having a hard time figuring out a way to mount the rings which I can feel comfortable with long term.... you know permanently lol. Also, I couldn't find the e90post write up but will keep looking. Is it honestly just some 2 sided tape and jb weld? I don't feel like there is enough contact service with the vision setup.

Thanks in advance.
There are many ways to secure them. I actually have bi xenon headlights. I just purchased the lci European lights for the eye brow and clean side marker. What I have done previously is used "halo wire" it's around .4 mm thick and you drill a .5mm hole on either side of the housing and just twist the wire together in the back of the shroud. You will never be able to see it and it works great.

As for the vision rings I believe you need to trim the tops of them to fit right. There is a write up for e92 that may be similar to our lights but I can't say for sure

https://www.dropbox.com/s/bgop8p9xot...20E92.pdf?dl=0