02-22-2011, 12:09 PM   #76
jeremydgreat
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kcyrusm View Post
Update. I got my hood and trunk installed and I picked up my car today. Pieces look great. You can see one area where the seems are and the carbon is smudged around, but its very minor and not noticeable without a flashlight and trained eye.

I have a 2011 135i so I had to find a fix for the hole where the non-existent key goes on the trunk. iCarbon suggested I get the actual key lock and use that as a plug. They are offering to pay for that. I still need to scan the receipt and get that over to them for a refund of the purchase, but they seem to be taking care of me, as DTMrack and iCarbon promise their customers.

Fitment is a little off on the trunk. If you want the lines of the car to match, there will be a little gap on both sides of the trunk (on the top sides), and when I picked up my car, the trunk wouldn't open. It was getting stuck because of the fitment. So they pulled the trunk back as far as possible. This fixed the gap, but the the lines of the car do not match perfectly (granted, its VERY slight). Now the trunk closes and opens, but you have to be aggressive closing it to get the latch to hook and keep closed. I'm ok with this trade-off, because, hey, what more could you expect for a good look from an aftermarket company. As long as I can close the trunk, it looks good and has a good seal, I'm ok.

Over-all experience based on expectations and a huge build up by iCarbon:

They advertise superior quality, OEM fit, direct swap with no modifications and a flawless weave. Hood and trunk did need some modification. It was not a direct swap since some of the holes were not even drilled, some not large enough, and holes (the key lock) where there shouldn't be any. So I decide to pay for a shop to do the work ($350 extra out of my pocket). The trunk and hood look great and compliment my front lip (which still does not fit perfectly) and rear diffuser all from iCarbon. I'm walking away pretty satisfied. I think they over-hyped their product, but they do their best to keep their customers happy. I wonder if they even made a profit (inflated prices, but lots of free replacements, etc.).

Over-all satisfaction: B+

(will post pics soon!)
This matched my experience. The hood looks great now, minus a few blemishes that painting helped smooth over. Fitment took some adjustment, but I've got it working now.

Over-all satisfaction: B
135i // M-Sports Package // RR Oil Catch Can // Black Kidneys // iCarbon Hood // Alum Pedals // KW v2 Coilovers // Vorshlag Camber Plates // Hotchkis Sway Bar // Wheel Studs. Best mod ever? Tires. 255's in front, 275's in back.
Appreciate 0