View Single Post
      06-17-2019, 06:50 PM   #7
AndyW
Supreme Galactic Commander (one galaxy over...)
United_States
Rep
Drives: '08 E93, '12 E82, '13 E93 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbnks2 View Post
Just a quick thought... if someone can confirm/deny the below might be possible I'd appreciate it...

I think it might be related to ABS. I have "pre-tension" brakes disabled, but, I have a feeling the system is kind of designed to have some of this stuff left on, you know? Sometimes if I mash the brake hard (similar to what BMW probably programmed as a "panic" situation on the street) it will just go to the floor... If pre-tension brakes had been enabled then I would've been met with a stiff pedal but instead it's almost as if the system is still trying to run the brake pre-tension and nothing happens instead since it's coded out (and you get a scary soft pedal that then firms up when you lift off, as you described). RAB specifically notes a delay in pressure building that RAB was implemented on a software level to overcome in panic situations.

Again, just a thought... you may be feeling something completely different.

1M has ready brake alert and brake fade compensation enabled as does the M3.

What happens if you pre-tension the brakes yourself? Give them a quick tap before rolling into the brake hard before a corner and see if you still get the same pedal behavior?
Pretty sure "pre-tension" is RAB for the 135i and I have felt the effect above with RAB enabled and disabled.

The feel is almost like you mentioned, but I don't feel the brakes "go to the floor" or anything like that.

I need to list all the DSC parameters from Protool and hopefully generate a discussion...for example, "ASL', which is trailer stabilization is Active by default on my car -

I will try the manual pre-tension...that is a good idea!

'12 E82-PS2,Stoptechs,Clubsports+M3 bits,Accusump,Wagner DP+EVO III FMIC,ERCP,BMS Intake,Mason Strut Bar,Wedge Tune
Appreciate 0