houtan
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2011 135i

Garage List
2011 135i  [9.80]
Quote:
Originally Posted by berns View Post
I'm happy to post up details once I build it! Currently I have all the parts, minus the mounting brackets, which look pretty easy to make. I think I'll sandwich into the crash bar / frame rail.

I don't think 1 core is enough. These cars need two cores, and they only real way I've seen them perform well over time is to run in sequence rather than in parallel.

I will say, however, the stock oil cooler, radiator, and intercooler worked fine for me in time attack fashion, where I'd do 2-3 hot laps, 1 cool down, and repeat. Temps were mild at 74* at Buttonwillow. But can't believe how solid and consistent the car was with an OTS MHD Stage 2 91 tune, few gallons of race gas, exhaust, inlets, charge pipe.
Awesome. I am hoping I can get away with one cooler combined with my CSF radiator. If not then I will add a second.

You lucked out with the 74* temperature! I went there last year and it was about 90 degrees, stock ppk flash, stock oil cooler and radiator, and I could barely finish one lap without oil temps starting to go into the 280 range! And I can tell you I was not going nearly as fast as you haha. My car is DCT though so a little more strain on coolant which may have impacted oil temps.

Looking forward to your updates and progress.
Appreciate 0