c1pher
Primo Generalissimo
United_States
Rep
Drives: All of them

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zombie_Head View Post
Please correct me, because the amount of information is confusing me. It may have a N55 engine, but all internals (crank, rods, pistons etc) are S55? that turbo is an N55 as well, as far as i am aware, the M2 is a N55 and S55 hybrid engine?

My only problem (if you call it a problem) is that i really like to stick with NA engines since i do a lot of track days (5-6 a year). When i was at mending Airfield track day, i saw two 911.1 Turbos, F80 M3 and C63 AMG all go into the pits by laps 4-5. They all got limp mode/engine warning, granted it was a 42c day so it was probably touching 50c on track (more or less). My own N52 engine oil was sitting just a tad over 120c with 5w-40 oil when normally i see it between 115c and 120c during hot and humid summer days on track, i may be slower but that engine just kept going, happily redlining 3rd and nearly 4th all day long.

M2 is a very VERY completing package in terms of performance, value, size and practicality, no doubt. But something about hearing a screaming 6 or 8 cylinder NA engine redlining....puts a huge smile on my face.
Love my Corvette for this. It seems to be able to take a lot of abuse with no issue.
Appreciate 1