View Single Post
      05-21-2010, 08:15 PM   #10
Dackelone
European Editor
Germany
Rep
Drives: N54 e82

One must DOCUMENT this BS. Every RO(repair order) is considered a legal document. IF you were ever to go to court... the RO's (front and back sides) would be evidence. This is why most SA's will write things like... "customer says..." and NOT "car does this..."

IF a dealer says they have voided your warranty... get that in writting on your RO! Then when you present your case to the RSM or worse... a court of law... you have a leg to stand on.

I think my main point is this... the dealership or BMW NA must prove in a court of law that the mod caused the failure. NOT could have... or what ever.. BUT DID! And then BMW NA will have to provide evedence for their side. This all will cost way more than just fixing YOUR car. And I think in most cases the RSM would just fix your car under good will.

I highly doubt BMW has a national data base with voided VINs/customer cars. I personally believe this vioded warranty talk is an urban legend. More likely it is a way for a dealership to blow problem customers out their dealership doors and put a little fear into their tuning car hearts. lol
Appreciate 0