froop
Colonel
Australia
Rep
Drives: 08 AW 6MT E82

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///Munson View Post
Blimey. Lots of info there. Thanks.

As far as the actual comfort goes, I think I know what to expect, as these look identical to the Recaro seats that I had in my Mk II Focus RS. I was rather hoping that the sub frames in this 1M fitment would lower them somewhat over the standard seats.
No problem!

You're right, they are Recaro Sportster CS seats which have just been trimmed to BMW spec. You can even see them on the Recaro website.

I can't be exactly sure as to whether they're lower or by how much, but they definitely didn't feel low.

I did see a thread somewhere on here where someone wasn't happy with the height of his seats and actually removed some of the adjustment rails on the stock seats. I think that after doing that he was unable to adjust for tilt and sliding of the base though. I'm not sure whether it would be possible to do a similar mod with the performance seats.

If you don't require use of the rear seats, best would be to just go for some actual fixed back buckets hehe. A few people on here have done it with Recaro Pole Performance and I'm personally thinking about doing it with some Sparco Evo IIs, though probably won't be for some time.
Appreciate 0