View Single Post
      03-19-2018, 09:25 AM   #117
rowsdower
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2011 128i 6MT Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris_flies View Post
I really like space grey, too! What I really want is Montego Blue, which is lighter and therefore not quite as difficult to maintain as my Monaco Blue. Blues just always look right on BMWs, my dad’s former E39 was in Orient Blue, which I think is just about the prettiest color ever, following Valencia Orange and Ford’s Ruby Red Tricoat Metallic, which are stunning colors...
I didn't realize there were so many blues! There are a few guys on this forum with LeMans blue and I envy them. I agree with you on the Ford red - that is a sharp color, even better than Mazda's soul red.

Quote:
Mine are in 17x7.5 square with an ET42 offset, with a 10mm hub-centric spacer in the rear to complete that stance . I love the way it rides and handles (with lots of suspension parts) on mere 225-section tires. One day I want to get some serious DForce LTW5 wheels in 17x9 ET41 and cram some fat 255-section tires all around, especially since those wheels weigh a ridiculous 16 lbs and are fairly priced for the quality...
225 square is my short-term goal, mainly because you don't have to make many changes to the car to get them to fit. I don't think wheels will happen for a while though. My most recent mod was Tacoma (new daily driver) so I have some freedom to make the 1er more track focused now. My next mod is driver mod, then I'll change what doesn't work on the track.
Appreciate 0