Sideways and Smiling
Rep
Drives: In Exuberance

Garage List
I got my LSD installed!!!
Name:  IMG_1715.JPG
Views: 648
Size:  146.6 KB

I didn't install fresh diff bushings, since we didn't have the right tools, and I know what a pain it is to try without the right tools, and I didn't want to have the car down for the time it'd take to get the right tools. So, I swapped a diff in about 6 hours (including a few breaks, dinner, and some space-casing).

Early-on review: It's very different, even just driving around neighborhood streets and neighborhood speeds. The new 3.73 gear ratio is fantastic, and this diff is SOOO much quieter and less clunky than my old one (which was AWFUL, after taking it off the car and spinning it freely). The LSD is not yet broken-in, but, so far it's very subtle in it's changes, but has fundamentally changed the character of the car (still at neighborhood speeds). It's really hard to explain with only 5 minutes of seat time. I'll get more into it tomorrow after I've done the break-in procedure (many figure-8's) and can go on a decently long drive in the car.