View Single Post
      06-16-2018, 08:52 PM   #28
chris_flies
Sideways and Smiling
Rep
Drives: In Exuberance

Garage List
Ran last weekend at Summit Point, this time with EBC YellowStuff pads. More consistent than the OEM F30 pads, much better modulation, but they got soft towards the end of the first session, and never recovered. I'll bleed the brakes to be sure that the fluid isn't an issue (never has been with Motul RBF600) and inspect the pads to see if they're glazed. Do glazed rotors have a purplish tint to them? That could also be the issue (mine are totally purple, but get less purple with street driving)...

I did get one particularly strange thing from the brakes this time around, smoke. We had a red flag (E92 M3 rolled inside of T9) and as I slowed to a crawl and got over to the right of the track, smoke was clearly pluming from the front corners, and I could see major heat distortions at every corner; it all subsided after about 30 seconds. Yikes.