View Single Post
      11-21-2019, 09:41 PM   #12
Ursan
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: '12 128i, Volvo 945t & 780t

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rmtt View Post
My 2011 came with Halogens. But it also came with the M-Sport suspension, Sport seats, and optioned very sparsely which I wanted. I would have even opted for no sunroof...but it's harder to find that way. I think it had around 65K miles, was a 6-speed, and personally I gave less than $10K ($9,700) for it as I had the luxury of waiting.
You're singing my tune! For me in a car, less is more. If I could find one with manual windows, locks, seats, no sunroof, It'd be bliss. TBH I'd only really want A/C and cruise.

Quote:
$350 pair of Depos V2 off of the auction site and about 1.5 hours of work taking my time, and I have Angel Eyes. And they have held up great.
For me it's strictly not about the angel eyes. I know they are iconic, but it's more about the HID output. I'm addicted to lumens and if I can get them to the road without blinding oncoming traffic, then all the better.

Quote:
Biggest things was that the car had history. Frequent oil changes, OPG and OFHG already done with records...and when I tore into it a few weeks back for the VC gasket and some mods, the engine was as clean as could be.

I have already put over 10K miles of very hard driving on it.....and it keeps coming back for more.
Forgive me, OPG? OFHG? And kudos about history. I change oil in my current car every 8k or so. LiquiMoly each time. My other car with the rebuilt B230FT is about every 5k or once a year (whichever first) I really like that the N52 has the oil filter housing right on top.

I will say this, I don't cotton to oil leaks and I'll be checking for them, especially since these cars have undercarriage plates which may obfuscate oil drips.
Appreciate 0