View Single Post
      05-14-2022, 10:11 PM   #15
ABelluomini
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 135i 6MT, 2017 340ix 6MT

Bringing this back to life...

I recently started hearing more noise on hard acceleration. I logged a few runs and saw my pressure still strong but not at where id expect it. I have the Dinan Stage 2 tune for what its worth. Not sure what the PSI is supposed to be on that tune, and may just call the guys at Dinan and ask.

The noise made me think I might have a boost leak, and I went ahead and purchased the tester from this thread. I too had the same issue that the turbo inlet pipe couldn't hold pressure above 5 PSI. I do think the noise could be related to the vacuum leak on the inlet pipe, So I decided to order the VSRF inlet pipe, and I checked all the other connections in the charge pipe etc and they seem to be good.

I might try and fit the tester on the inlet side of the intercooler, and see if I can spot any leaks from that point on. I do wonder about the O rings in the intake manifold, and perhaps that could be a sneaky location for some leaks.

I also plan to buy complete aluminum intake charge system - from turbo outlet to intercooler, lower charge and upper charge. I am running a Wagner EVO I btw.
Appreciate 0