09-29-2008, 08:43 AM   #1
Bruck
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 135i MT Alpine White

Garage List
2009 135i  [0.00]
This sucks! (bmw extends closed period for Dec) but no Lufthansa 2009 discount yet!

So I wanted to do a Dec 18/19/20 European Delivery. My car was ordered in time to get a delivery reservation. Initially I was given a Dec 20th reservation for Delivery in Munich.

EXCEPT,

BMW extended the holiday closings this year, so now the factory tours are not available during that weekend. (or the week after) Of course I do not want to go all the way to Munich , and not get a factory tour.

So I decided to push my delivery and tour to the very first day available after the holidays (Jan 12). The problem however, is that BMW has not re-signed the Lufthansa discount contract. So I can't book my flight with the discount.

At the moment the cheapest non discounted flight for that trip, is $1319. The discounted price if they offered it right now would be $1130.82. Do I have spend $200 extra just to make sure the fares don't go up before they figure this stuff out.

I think its rude of BMW to not re-sign the contract before starting to take 2009 model year orders, especially since the dealers are talking up this "2 for 1" deal while you pick ED, but then 2 weeks later you can't even make the reservation!

This is all ignoring the fact that I'm a tad annoyed that my car will be done in Dec, but won't be stateside until Feb.
Appreciate 0