View Single Post
      01-03-2012, 08:59 PM   #1
Greenkirby21
Vrooom :)
United_States
Rep
Drives: C7 Stringray

Thumbs up JBSPEED Carbon Fiber Grilles Install(With Pics)!

Herro : ) Today we are going to install the carbon fiber grilles from JBSPEED. The outside of the grille is CF while the inside is abs plastic similar to the 128i. I was going to paint it glossy black, but after the install its hard to see unless you are really close so I don't think I will paint it : ). Aside from the fact that I do not know how to paint, I do not want to worry about the paint chipping later on, etc.

Installation:

Installation was quite simple. I followed the DIY from the top of this forum. I found it easier to do the top 3 clips, then the bottom 2 came out super ez. I barely had to use my right angle tool on the bottom ones, they just poped out after doing the top 3.

At first, it took me like 15 minutes to figure out what was going on. I highly suggest you "practice" on your new grilles and understand how they work. After I did that, I knew what I was doing and got it done in 15 more minutes.

I suggest you take the time to clean that area. Mine was super dirty from removing the grilles. It look like I had sand or something where my grille is.

Dirty

Clean

Packaging: The grilles came in a plastic bag, and each were in a 1/2 box with paper stuffed inbetween, and then all of that came in a box.

Shipping: Once again, shipping was super super fast. Took 4 days to come in from Taiwan.

Quality: Perfect CF weave. A lot better then my CF spoiler. Everything was perfect, even the edges where I have seen a lot of CF products fail. This was good all throughout.

Fitment: Fitment is perfect. it is the exact same size as OEM. No problems whatsoever. Looks like a carbon copy of the OEM but in CF instead

Overall 5/5. While the price is a bit high, especially compared to the CF spoiler, you do get a fantastic product with no faults. Everything about it was as expected. Good job JBSPEED.