View Single Post
      07-23-2007, 03:38 PM   #37
Won35i
Unofficial Official "IN"
Rep
Drives: 2007 335xi Alpine Weiss

Quote:
Originally Posted by onehots2k View Post
Yea we talk about making are cars as fast as an "M1" but honestly how many of you guys would really have the "cojones" to go through with it??

I mean you'd think people in charge at BMW havent thought about this by now. I heard the same arguments a long time ago. Except they sounded like, BMW would never put an N54 motor in a 1 series, etc... I think were in for another suprise fellas. I'm going to enjoy my 135i for 3 yrs and then I'll snag an M1. I'm curious to see how many modded 135i engines get blown to bits trying to be an M1.
How much HP do you expect the M1 to have? It wont be more than 400, Ill eat my words if thats the case! Gaining 30 whp, let alone chp, on a boosted motor is pretty easy. Guys are getting 400whp on the 335i running 13.5lbs. Now I dont know how long that motor can withstand that, but its definitely not an aluminum block. I believe its cast iron, correct me if Im wrong. Also the cylinders dont have drop in sleeves, but Im sure that can be done if they already dont have welded sleeves (again I dont know that for sure either). Theres plenty of VF supercharged M3s out there, running stock NA blocks, and not blowing. Now, were playing with a block built for boost!

I hope we can eat out words, but as I stated earlier higher pressure = less longevity. I guess it just depends on how strong that block is. If its anything like an audi, mitsu or 2jz block then we are in good shape.
Appreciate 0