12-18-2008, 12:27 PM   #156
jeremyc74
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: '08 135i Montego/Terra

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spook View Post
I think your attitude on this is exemplary in general and I know you are a reasonable individual, but if you were suddenly extracted from this and were looking in from the outside, what should the process and policy be? It is intuitively obvious that a down pipe doesn't impact a rear view mirror. Other things are less obvious (though we all know in this forum that there is a very high probability that BMW fuel pumps have issues). Who decides? If it's the BMW service manager, is this individual going to be impartial?

Thank you, and actually in this case it was a BMW regional rep that made the call, without even bothering to look into the real cause of the problem. All he needed to know was that there was a wiring modification at the ECU, and that was it, case closed. They're not impartial by any means, and that's exactly why it's not fair.

That said, I have options that could swing this back my way, I'm not exercising them just because of the time and money involved, and what I'd get for my trouble.

If I were someone who wasn't capable of fixing this problem on my own (meaning labor hours were going to be involved), I would probably take a different attitude about it.
Appreciate 0