View Single Post
      12-18-2008, 01:01 PM   #162
ktdw
BMWCCA #401908
Rep
Drives: 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by davemohan View Post
On nobody's side. (In fact the dealership I have to use, for the most part, are a bunch of lying incompetent thieves. I did finally find an SA who seems competent and honest, but I'm sure they will fire him before my next visit.)

That said, you are right, there is no fraud in removing codes or mods from your car. However, as soon as you use this act to try to pass off the car as not having had mods or not having thrown codes, it becomes fraud. The fraud is in the deception. As soon as you state to the dealer that you have not modded the car it is fraud. (Or do you plan to come clean if they ask?)

All of you armchair attorneys (particularly those quoting MFA to defend altering performance parameters) really need to run this by a qualified professional. Ignorance is no excuse in the eyes of the law.
I'm attorney, but by no means qualified in this area.

Would you mind going through the elements of fraud, and how removing the codes for service would safisfy those elements?

Vishnu PROcede v3, Vishnu Dual Cone Intake, Code3 FMIC, Riss Racing Downpipes, Riss Racing Exhaust, H&R Sport Springs
Best 1/4 mile: 12.583 @ 117.609 mph
Appreciate 0