View Single Post
      07-10-2013, 10:34 AM   #14
JimD
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 128i convertible

You cannot do the sale paperwork at the performance center. I doubt you can do it in Munich during ED either. At the performance center they have no business manager to do commercial paperwork. All that paperwork has to be done at the dealer who then notifies the performance center. If you do the other forms of delivery, the warranty could reference the date you take delivery but in my case and apparently some others it did not. It was not the date I gave them the check for the car either. It was a few days after I gave them a check and about 2 weeks before I got the car.

I got taken care of by the dealership after complaining but I don't think it should have been such an issue. Warranties should start when you have the vehicle. I wonder if what BMW USA does is even legal. It certainly doesn't make a lot of sense to say my car was under warranty while still in BMW's care, custody and control.