View Single Post
      11-10-2015, 04:17 PM   #161
liebemeinauto
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2008 135i AW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dackelone View Post
It does not matter! IF your car had LED tail lights... and you want LCI or Blacklines... they will work! Totally PnP.

The problem is when your EU spec car has LCI halogen headlights(eye brow)... then you need a new FR3 footwel module, I believe. All US spec cars have this - since they all came with LED tail lights.

Dackel
Thanks Dackel!

I received confirmation from ECS as well -- they took the time to contact BMW, which was great of them to do, and has certainly earned my buying dollars going their way, for the purchase.

The lights are cheaper from Germany, but a bit easier to buy State side for me, and since the German vendor says they won't work (despite the same part number....weird ), I'd rather buy from ECS anyway, because they've guaranteed fitment. Not sure why my car came up as needing the extra stuff plus coding, from Deutschland, but glad to know it was a mistake, because the Black Lines are what I want.

Nothing against the US Spec version, but I just prefer the tint in the Black Lines. Not so much red, and accents the orange better, which goes very well with the theme of my car.

Can hopefully get them in by Christmas, and post some pics. Can show off my custom performance rear spoiler then as well -- got a great shop to work with me on it, doing a BMW Fire Orange base that fades to black.

Life may have its woes, but my car makes it all better. BMW Therapy FTW!

Stay tuned, be tuned. '08 135i N54 6MT, Coral Red Interior, Fire Orange custom grilles and fade-to-black custom BMW Rear Wing, Black Line tail lights, Cobb CP, Forge DV's, aFe DCI's, ETS 5" FMIC, aFe Mach Power exhaust, Cobb catted DP's, M Suspension bits, PTF tune (on Cobb AP), 6000k Xenons, Lux H8 Amber halos, Custom fogs. Conformity is for wimps!
Appreciate 1