09-28-2007, 09:05 PM   #64
midlife
ocasionally in crisis
Rep
Drives: '08 335i cabrio

Quote:
Originally Posted by atr_hugo View Post
Try this website: http://www.btinternet.com/~madmole/R...RONMONPON.html

As far as your particular issue with fuel in Ecuador - I would suggest seeking professional opinions, such as from a mechanic you trust, above and beyond what you're getting from an internet message board.
good sugestion, but finding "professional" help would be difficult here.

i have been here about 4 years, and finished a sucessful project. i know "professional" lawyers, archetects, etc. but am unfamiliar with the (probably extremely small) modding community here. my brother in law is a G.Motors, U.S. trained mechanic - probably one of the better ones here: he has little clue about the 335 or the N54 or turbos.

this is not the states where u can find good mechanics, car enthusiats, and tuners with not that much trouble. this is a developing country! (you know, the pretty poor, the BMW and mercedes crowd - but not much in between).

believe it or not, my 335 is only the 2nd one in this whole country - and the first cabrio! not much high end modding here that i know of...but i am looking.

i will continue to look, but at least for a while, i would rather rely on the kwowledgable forum members and my common sense.
Appreciate 0