05-25-2011, 02:48 PM   #37
pyrat
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 3 series

Quote:
Originally Posted by skyphab View Post
@Mowse: Congrats and funny, same here
You're getting a black edition S or a standard one? Did you order the sports exhaust and short shifter? A must have!
And don't worry, you won't regret anything. Funniest thing I noticed when I cancelled my 1M and ordered the Porsche: Girls don't care about BMWs and stuff, but they do care about Porsches. Don't know why though, but who cares

This isn't a factor for me in choosing a car - I pick the car that I want and the girls can love it or hate it

And another thing I noticed: At least the Porsche forums I'm reading, it's not always the versus, versus, versus. People enjoy their cars and are happy for eachother. Great thing! Can't wait

Pretty sure thats true here too

Why shouldn't you be able to live with a Cayman on a day to day basis? That's exactly what makes this car so great, that you have space and that you can use it as a daily driver. The point is that the Cayman still is a real sportscar, where the 1M is a sportscoupé. But there's no right or wrong, worse or better involved here.

What people are able to use as a daily driver is one's personal choice anyway. No test in the world can prove or disprove anything regarding this topic. I see cars like GT3 RS or a Ferraris in a parking lots in a shopping center here, so if they can use it for shopping, what sense does it make trying to prove them wrong?

Going shopping with a car is a few hours affair and might be 11 minutes of driving backroads to get there, but driving a car each day to work is different and the 1M is more livable for that

It's ones very personal choice. I'm just saying: If you are really able and willing to afford a CR, you would be willing to accept the loss in comfortability and reach out for the gain in sportyness. And I'm not talking about 1 second faster on a track. I'm talking about pure emotions when you starting to push that throttle in that car and rev that machine to over 7'000 rpm. Tell me what you want, no way an 1M can deliver that feeling.

I agree that there is a special adrenaline that maybe only the porsche can supply in this case, but you haven't driven the 1M so how can you be so sure?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJSchmooze View Post
I have an interesting idea......why not post all your amazing thoughts in the Cayman forum, why do you feel the need to gloat and put down the 1M on a 1M forum?? Considering you want to keep this argument going, I got all day....call me an asshole, I guess that is why I am from NJ.
Though I don't agree with the points generally, the opinion is still valid and offers an interesting perspective

JOY is being offered in manual transmission and RWD.
Appreciate 0