vtl
Brigadier General
Australia
Rep
Drives: 2008 BMW 135i MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brule View Post
10 minutes is pretty good.

The Atm intercooler would keep temps reasonable But oil temps would exceed 120f with a block off plate just going with down the straight.

Should try removing the coolant and running 90% distilled water and 10% coolant should keep temps down better.
Currently i'm running around 3L of BMW coolant (total capacity is around 8.5L for manual transmission). As its a daily I'm not too keen on running lower concentrations of coolant, would want to keep the anti corrosion properties. Upgraded CSF will be fitted before the next track day so that should help a lot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Piets94 View Post
Nice running there Vince. Winton is a fun track.
How did you find the new suspension set-up compared with the B12 kit you had in before?
Honestly on the track and at the level of driving i'm at theres not a massive difference between the 2 suspensions. The KW handles the bumps much better (B12 would be constantly riding the bump stops up front). But on the track where its smooth it doesn't matter as much. The main benefit was the stiffer front springs which keeps the rear wheels from unloading as much and gives more traction. But the KW V2s are still quite soft (35N/mm front 79N/mm rear) so it could be improved.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmx View Post
I might be blind but do you have IAT log?
15psi is probably on the limit of a circuit car too, would be interesting to see.

Do you have any adjustment with the waterpump PID? I think MHD has finally made this available, I'm not sure if XDFs have though. Might help with oil temps a little bit (not really sure about 35i non is/1M setup).
Check the datazap link and click IAT to add the IAT to the display graph.

Yes its in the XDF, the water pump cooling target was 80 degrees at WOT so the pump was running at max the whole run. It basically does nothing as the radiator is already at its limits. I have a CSF upgraded radiator that I will fit soon so that should keep the water temps down a lot and bring the oil down a little as well.