Rep
Drives: Only BMW's Ja

Garage List
2020 M2C  [0.00]
2017 M3 Comp  [0.00]
2011 135i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeineken View Post
Yup! I found a set on eBay for $200. Still pretty expensive for a what if retrofit. Once I finish up my other mods I may move this up the list of things to get done as I really hate the look of our stock DCT paddles.

And if they don't fit 100%... things can always be made to fit with trimming and strong glue But just by looking at the base it shouldn't be very far off from fitting nicely.
Unfortunately I don't think it's that simple. I've done a hell of a lot research into modifying the E9X M3 DCT paddles onto our cars. What I discovered is the E9X M3 paddle modules don't have any circuitry, meaning the vehicle system is just looking for an open or closed switch position (i.e. voltage is either 12V or 0V for example). On our cars the paddle modules actually contain resistors that change the voltage to a specific amount required by the vehicle system depending on if the paddle is pressed vs. depressed for example. So basically, unless the F8X M DCT paddle modules use the exact same resistors it will not work.

Anyhow, I'm pretty sure I've figured out what the resistor values need to be in order to make the E9X M3 DCT paddles work and I've got everything on order as we speak. I will hopefully test out my theory sometime in the next 2 weeks, I need to carve out a few hours to work on it but I'll keep you guys posted
Appreciate 1
Yeineken1300.50