View Single Post
      06-12-2018, 05:48 PM   #1
v1nc3nt
Driver
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW 1M AW

BMW 1M Engine Knock

Something is wrong with my 1M. Yesterday, I noticed a slight rattle sound in 2nd gear at low speed when I got home. I thought it may be a loose heat shield. The oil sensor was recently replaced by BMW. Today, I was driving for about 15 minutes, the BMW reduced engine power notification comes up. I quickly returned home. This car has been out of warranty since May 2015. Luckily I had Geico Mechanical Breakdown which was able to cover charge pipe, clutch, suspension, and oil sensor issues. The coils and spark plugs were replaced around 50k miles. The intake was walnut blasted at VAC Motorsports around the same time. The Geico MB coverage ended in May, because it is limited to 7 years from purchase date. The 1M has just over 71k miles. I searched around. Some people say it's a faulty knock sensor. I have a P3 Gauge, and the codes displayed are as follows:

2DED (This issue has been resolved.)
2E69
2E68

I am going to get it on a flatbed to the BMW Service Center. I would like to do the work myself, but I don't have the time or space. Before I begin the process, does anyone have any idea what the issue could be? Here are some videos:

Appreciate 0