View Single Post
      06-17-2019, 09:14 AM   #6
bbnks2
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 135i N55

I tried to make this point in another thread you were replying in too lol. So many people complain about N55 power, or the M2 lacking power, yet they can't even get around a road-course at a beginner pace lol.

A 1:34 at Thunderbolt is a pretty respectable time for a 135i. Last time I was there I was running in the 1:35-1:40 range but hadn't been on Thunderbolt in close to 3 years. I'd argue wheels and tires would be the #1 thing I would do to pick up time (throw some NT-01 on the car). Then my #2 and #3 would be a tie between a coil-over suspension and bucket seats. It's just a fact that you will be more confident, and more in control (faster), if you have a proper bucket seat and 5-point harness holding you down in place. Going from needing to brace yourself against the door with your leg to focusing on your driving line makes a massive difference.

Tuning ranks 4th in my list for its benefits of things such as linear throttle, cooling settings, and E85 tuning. MHD actually just released a full E85 map for the M2 which keeps boost targets modest but really ramps up the timing up top. This produces a more linear power band for the road-course guys and keeps the low-end torque in check.

Last edited by bbnks2; 06-17-2019 at 09:24 AM..
Appreciate 1