View Single Post
      04-08-2020, 06:01 PM   #14
Dekdo
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 135i

not sure on cause of rod knock, i bought it used and it crept up within weeks of purchasing. It was likely too quiet to notice when i test drove the car. I'd bet a previous owner did not do their oil changes often enough or was low on oil at some point.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShocknAwe View Post
Get the PR relocated inlets. You'll need a custom tune after inlets, or a JB4. Note that inlets have a snout size, which is determined by the turbos you have.

Side note, if you're ripping it apart, you should really consider switching the turbos out while the engine is out. This is a big topic and there are a couple good options out there, with a lot of bad options.

Options> ST vs Twins
ST: DocRace, Speedtech, Motiv
Twins: Go with Pure, RB, Hydra ... thats it, long list, right?

If you buy something not on that list, you're more likely to have a problem of some sort and end up with a bad outcome one way or another.
Thanks for the tip, ill probably stick with oem twins and oem inlets. As far as I can tell the stock turbos on it now have no issues, but they do have 94k miles. Not looking to get any additional power out of the car.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cptgonzo View Post
do you do your own work in Chi? or is there a good shop you use? I'm still looking for a quality trust worthy shop for the larger projects.
I do minor stuff, so I'll be going to an indy shop to get the new motor and what not installed. Ive been to Bimmer Werkshop and they seem to do a good job, may have them install the new engine.. when i find one.

Last edited by Dekdo; 04-10-2020 at 07:04 PM..
Appreciate 0